Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

I'm Glad My Mom Died

 I recently read a book that I found to be truly amazing. I had already heard many positive reviews about it and even watched some interviews where the author, Jennette, discussed some of the topics covered in the book. It was strange to see her on TV as a kid and have no idea about the difficulties she faced in her personal life. The things her mother subjected her to were truly frightening. I listened to the audiobook version which was narrated by Jennette herself, and I found the parts where she discussed her struggle with an eating disorder to be particularly difficult to listen to. However, I am grateful that Jennette was able to overcome her situation and move forward with her life, although she admits that it is a slow and painful process that may take a lifetime. I also appreciated her sense of humor and lightheartedness when recounting these painful memories, which made the book more enjoyable to listen to. (less) [edit]

No comments:

Post a Comment