Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2023

The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life

I really enjoyed this book. Based on the title, I was expecting it to be cynical and aggressive, but the philosophy was actually made up of simple truths that I really needed to hear. One of the most important was taking responsibility for one's own life and everything that happens. So often, if I have a fight with a friend or miss a homework assignment, I start thinking of ways that it wasn't my fault and I shouldn't be in charge of fixing it. And sure, I could play the blame game for ages. You can always find someone else to blame for your misfortune, mistake or terrible circumstance. But most of the time, I simply messed up. More importantly, no one else is going to fix my problem for me. I really appreciated the messages this book had to offer. I have to say, the first chapter was probably my favorite part, simply for the many F-bombs dropped. It was so funny. (less) [edit]

No comments:

Post a Comment